This blog was conceptualized and launched during jury duty. Who says nothing good comes out of public service?

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

It's David Day...

I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I think I am ready for the Great Race 10K on Sunday. As some of you know, I have been battling some major feet issues, but (knock on wood) I was able to run 7 miles today without a problem.

My motivation is none other than my good friend David Rigo. David, like many of you, is a loyal blog follower since the beginning when I posted my announcement to run the LA Marathon last year. Like me, David hasn't always been a runner, in fact he took the sport up on his 48th birthday. So far, he has lost almost 40 pounds and he feels great.

When he asked me a couple of months ago if I would accompany him for this race, which will be his first ever 10K, and I humbly obliged. The thing that moves me so much about this blog is not only what it has done for me, but when it has done for all of you. I am so proud of each and every one of your accomplishments both in the running world and beyond.

I can honestly say that I can't wait to cross the finishline on Sunday with David. It actually gives me the chills thinking about it. Running a race, no matter what the distance, take a lot of training, determination and a great deal of sacrifice. David has done all of this and now it is time for him to receive a little glory for his work. Sunday can't come soon enough for me! Also a big shout out to my friend David Lee who killed the Philly Rock and Roll half in 2 hours flat. What an amazing accomplishment! I hearby declare this officially "David" Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment