This blog was conceptualized and launched during jury duty. Who says nothing good comes out of public service?

Thursday, January 19, 2012

10 Years Ago Today...

It is funny how time really does seem to fly by.  Ten years ago to the date, I went on a date that would change my life forever.  For those of you who don't know the story, here's a quick recap:

Joe and I had a stats class together freshman year of college and on the first day, I noticed Joe. During the first part of class, the professor announced that he wasn't a fan of teaching so if we didn't want to show up, that would be better for him.  Everyday all he needed was the homework for the night before.

I found this comment very odd to say the least.  Stats was supposed to be hard and even going to the class that morning was giving me butterflies.  I knew I needed all the help I could get so not going was so far from what my thought process was.  Furthermore, I thought, "Who would pay for a class and just not show up?"

Well, the next day, I found that a lot of people don't show up for a class when the professor says you don't have to be there.  However, there was one hot guy who I missed seeing most.

Fast forward to the next year and I was asked to star in a music video that my friend Dave was directing.  It was to Journeys "Separate Ways" and when I showed up, I immediately recognized my male co-star.  It was the hot ghost boy from stats.  I was introduced and I even learned his name "Joe."  

The premise of the video was Joe (my video boyfriend) was late for a date (big surprise if you know Joe) and he was running up the steps to pick me up only to see me leaving with another guy.  The shoot was a lot of fun but after, we once again went our 'separate ways.'

Fast forward to junior year, I went to study abroad in London and lived with a girl named Sandra Palestine, then a stranger now one of my best friends in the world.  The entire time we were in London, she kept saying that she wanted to introduce me to one of her friends named Joe.  I wasn't all that interested as I was enjoying my freedom and furthermore, I had no idea that her Joe was 'the Joe.'

We got back from our semester and the first night back, she had asked me if I would like to come with her to her friend Joe's.  I politely declined, but when she came back, she ran into my room and said, "You know Joe.  He said he knows you."

She went on to tell me that he knew all my friends and that we were in a music video and a stats class.  Holy schmoly, this was happening.  The next day we all grabbed a causal dinner for someone's birthday and the entire time, Joe and I were talking and laughing.  At the end, we exchanged numbers and found that our active social calendars made it hard to see one another.  One night, Joe called and asked if I was hungry.  It was 11:00 pm and I was sleeping, but of course, I played it off well.  "Yes, I was just going to get something to eat myself."  Ha, what a lie!!

So he ended up bringing over some chicken and I had some of Gram's sauce and we made chicken pasta in my kitchen and then watched a movie and the rest is history!!! Happy 10 years to the best running coach, friend, and husband a girl could ask for!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment