This blog was conceptualized and launched during jury duty. Who says nothing good comes out of public service?

Friday, August 6, 2010

Scales of Justice Announces A New Cohost...

As some of you may have known, I have been a guest on Shirley Wilson's Scales of Justice Radio Show a couple of times these past few weeks. Today I got a call from Shirley herself and she offered me a spot to be a new cohost for the show! To say that I am honored, would be an understatement. I am truly humbled and feel amazingly blessed to have this opportunity to be able to be on the airwaves with Shirley!

As you know from a previous blog entry, Shirley has endured true pain and suffering in her life including the loss of her son, but yet, she is always looking for ways to bring a positive message to everything she does. To be able to speak the truth about the plight of children who have incarcerated parents and to do so in a public forum is an unbelievable dream come true for me! I will also have the ability to highlight the good works of others committed to this mission both in L.A., N.Y. and around the country. Isn't the internet a beautiful thing?

Hopefully you are all as excited as I am. Please show your support by listening to us. I am on the second Sunday of every month (starting this coming Sunday). The show is live on the West Coast from 6 pm- 7 pm and on the East Coast at 9 pm- 10 pm. I promise that we will always be committed to talking to interesting people. Who knows? You may even learn something.

In order to listen live, go to www.latalkradio.com and on the right hand side of the page under "Channel 2" click "Listen Live". We also welcome your feedback, comments and questions so if you have something to say, call in! The link of our shows will be available the next day on the web just in case you miss one. Go to www.latalkradio.com and on the top of the page click on "Channel 2". Scroll down the page until you see "Scales of Justice and Shirley Wilson". Click on it and scroll to the bottom of the page (past the photos and bios), to a list of all the shows. Click “Play” or “Download” and enjoyI believe we are also available on i Tunes as well. More info on that to come.

Thank you all for all of your support. A big thank you to my new colleague Shirley Wilson for believing in me. I will not let you down. :)

6 comments:

  1. That's the best hire Shirley ever made :) Go Maria, go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the show! You'll be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth it's stories like yours and Alfie's that make me even more excited about spreading the message. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you dear Maria. It was a heart breaking show today, but I enjoyed it so much. You have a wonderful voice for radio, too. Calming and caring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Beth! I loved it too. I appreciate you listening!!!

    ReplyDelete