This blog was conceptualized and launched during jury duty. Who says nothing good comes out of public service?

Monday, July 19, 2010

Hey Soul Sista..

In the words of recording artist Train, "I was on the radio, stereo- the way I move ain't fair you know."  Well maybe not the last little bit, but I was on the radio last night.  Shirley Wilson and Julia Chavez Harmon asked me to be a guest on their show Scales of Justice last night.  It was an amazing experience and it became a great first day of visiting for my mom as she got to sit in the green room and listen to the show live. 

Take a listen: http://www.latalkradio.com/images/Scales-071810.mp3

Now after you listen, I am sure you will be burning for more, don't worry.  I am here to provide.  Shirley enjoyed me so much as a guest that she has asked me to be on again in the next couple of weeks.  I will let everyone know when and where to tune in. 

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Go Maria! So proud of you for all of your work! Great interview and such an inspirational story! Your voice sounds awesome and makes the story even more touching! Love it! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lou. It was an awesome experience. I can't wait to be on again. Maybe I can be the announcer for Cakes On Point when you get your Food Network Show?

    ReplyDelete